MenuMagictm is designed to support Cakewalk’s DAWs such as Sonar or Project 5 and allow you to control how your VST3, VST & DX plug-ins will appear within Cakewalk’s Instrument and Effects menus.
Click here to see videos of MenuMagic in action.
MenuMagic supports Sonar, Project5 and Cakewalk DAW;s that is capable of using the VST Adapter. A list of supported DAWs is shown below.
Here are some of MenuMagic’s currently implemented features
Signup to our newsletter for news & tips on MenuMagic!
- Windows8/Windows7/Vista UAC/XP compatible.
- 64 bit/32bit compatible.
- Recognizes and automatically pre-Categorizes over 900 different plug-ins when program is run for the first time or when a new plug-in is discovered.
- Allows you to quickly and easily customize the arrangement of your VST3, VST & DX plug-ins into Categories that will act as sub-menus within Sonar, Project5 and other Cakewalk DAWs.
- Categories are completed customizable. Easily Add, Delete or Rename Categories and/or modify their tooltip descriptions.
- Instantly find new plug-ins that have been added to your system with the 'New' filter or by using the 'UnCategorized' filter see just those plug-ins that are not yet assigned to a Plug-in menu.
- Duplicate Plug-in Fixer - new as of v1.1. MenuMagic give you the tools to intelligently resolve duplicate plug-in problems affecting your Cakewalk DAWs.
- Quick view grid shows all possible dupes in all of the plug-in system layers (VST Adapter, Project 5 and Sonar) at the same time!
- Detail panes show detailed file information and VST plug-in information on selected plug-ins(DX plug-ins will display only file information).
- Disable selected plug-ins or re-enable disabled dupe plug-ins (if you disabled the wrong one) at a later time.
- Direct access to plug-ins folder location allows you to perform manual actions if you so desire
- Enhanced control and optimization of the VST scan folders list.
- Quick, easy access to the VST scan folders list. With MenuMagic you can make these changes almost instantly - under 5 seconds (3 mouse clicks and you’re in the list) if MenuMagic is already running or about 30 seconds in all if you had to load MenuMagic first. Try doing this with Sonar’s Plug-in Manager - if you have a large number of plug-ins please be patient.
- When saving your settings MenuMagic identifies and with your permission eliminates duplicate & recursive paths so that your scan list is optimized for the fastest processing.
- Copy scan paths between Cakewalk Plug-in systems.
- Automatic plug-in setting synchronization between your different Cakewalk DAWs!
If you organize your Project5 plug-ins, your Sonar plug-ins settings will match! This includes categorization (what menus plug-ins appear in) and name fixes (fix once/fixed everywhere!).
- For Sonar - you can assign the Plug-in Menu Layout being saved as the default layout for various system menus (e.g. SynthRackSynths, TrackAudioEffects, TrackSynths, etc.).
- Thorough use of tooltips (mouse over hints) though out MenuMagic make the program easy to learn and understand.
- Sophisticated plug-in name management tools such as
- Cascading find and replace options that can operate globally or on selected plug-in names
- Prefix or suffix plug-in names based on type (i.e. VST3, VST3i, VST, VSTi, DX, DXi)
- If you have Sync Layer option switched on (the default setting) any changes made are automatically applied to all Plug-in System Layers (VST Adapter, Project5v2.5, Sonar6 or higher)!
- Hide plug-ins from appearing within your DAW or unHide them - quick, easy & NON-PERMANENT
- Menu Preview option lets you see how your settings will appear within Cakewalk menus before you implement your changes
- Your MenuMagic settings are preserved and protected from changes caused by running Cakewalks VST scanner – re-implement your settings with one click!
- VST Scanner monitor – warns you when the VST Scanner has been run and there are changes that will potentially effect your plug-ins.
- Plug-in Status tab notifies you of plug-in modifications, system changes, warns you of stale backups, un-applied changes and more.
- Fully searchable Plug-in Info Grid shows you details on all your VST / DX plug-ins and identifies duplicates. Multi-column bi-directional sorts let you see your data in whatever manner you desire. Grid has a full screen mode option as well.
- Customize the appearance of MenuMagic to your taste with selectable skins plus tweakable hue and saturation settings.
- Cakewalk DAW registry backup/restore tools.
- Global Plug-in undo – oops proof - one button resets all of your plug-ins settings back to how they were before using MenuMagic. This feature also works great if you have to switch between Cakewalk & non-Cakewalk DAWs – and re-implementing your previous MenuMagic settings is a one click operation.
- Global Program reset – reset all of MenuMagic settings back to their initial out-of-the-box defaults.
- Found a bug or got a program suggestion? Bug Report button allows you to easily submit your problem or request directly to Agitated State to be reviewed by our programmers.
- MenuMagic has been tested on the following Cakewalk DAWs:
o SONAR X3 All Editions (Sonar Producer, Sonar Studio, Sonar)
o SONAR X2 All Editions (Producer, Studio, Essential)
o SONAR X1 All Editions (Producer, Studio, Essential)
o SONAR 8.5 All Editions (Producer, Studio, Home)
o SONAR 8 All Editions (Producer, Studio, Home)
o SONAR 7 All Editions (Producer, Studio, Home)
o SONAR 6 All Editions
o SONAR 5 All Editions
o SONAR 4 All Editions
o SONAR 3 All Editions
o Project5 Version 2.5x
o Project5 Version 2
o Home Studio 2 XL
and should work on these as well
o Guitar Tracks Pro 3
o Home Studio 2
o Music Creator 2